Eight Reasons to Visit a Farm Stay
- What is a Farm Stay
Farm Stays represents an opportunity to experience country farming lifestyle. It is an invitation by farming families to share farm experiences, enjoy country lifestyle, country walks and drives, learn about nature, and stay on the farm in guest accommodation. The most popular farm stay activity for adults and children, is seeing, feeding, patting, and being with a variety of animals.It is such a joy to see children interacting with animals, especially if it is their first time with farm animals. It always brings a sparkle to the children’s eyes and a smile to everyone’s face; including mine!
2. Eight Reasons to Visit a Farm Stay
- Farm Activities that adults and children can enjoy together or individually
- An opportunity for children and adults to learn about farming
- Supervised feeding, patting and interaction with farm animals
- Learning about native species such as birds and frogs in their natural environment
- Country Walks exploring natural flora
- A complete alternative to suburban/city living
- An enjoyable learning experience for children and adults
- These are all options or you can choose to just relax in a stress free country setting.
3. Farm Animals
There are a variety of farm animals to interact with. For
example, at our property we have alpacas, goats, sheep both black and white
varieties, turkeys, chooks of a variety of colours and our faithful dog TJ. Some
of the animals may eat food out of your hand, especially Houdini the goat, and
children usually giggle as it tickles their hand. Adults also have a smile on
their face. At BlueSky Retreat we always go with guests when they feed the
animals to ensure everyone enjoys the experience. It also provides an amazing
4. The Birds and Bees
All farm stays have some interaction with nature with wildlife roaming feely. Often seen are kangaroos and emus and their young. There are always a variety of flora and fauna to be seen on country strolls. Birds of all sizes and shapes, from eagles, owls to the small birds as honey eaters, blue wrens and willy wag tails with their young in spring.
All Farm Stays will offer something a little different so no matter where you go Farm Stays will offer a new experience, something a little different. Enjoy!